Bas Relief, LLC produces scientifically accurate, easily read and visually rich books dealing with natural history subjects for children and adults by working intensively with scientists and authors to produce materials aimed at specific audiences and interest groups. Originally established as Bas Relief Publishing Group in 1997, by Ba Rea, C. J. Rea and Norman H. Rea II, the company is now a sole proprietorship encompassing publishing and the fine artwork, graphic design, writing and environmental education outreach work of Ba Rea.
Many titles published by Bas Relief, LLC revolve around monarch butterflies and the milkweed community:
• Milkweed, Monarchs and More, A Field Guide to the Invertebrate Community in the Milkweed Patch, by Ba Rea. Karen Oberhauser, and Mike Quinn, was produced in 2003 and reissued as
• The Updated and Enlarged Second Edition of Milkweed, Monarchs and More in 2010
• and Milkweed, Monarchs and More Updated Second Edition, Field Version in 2011
• Learning from Monarchs, A Teachers’ Handbook, Ba Rea
• Milkweed Visitors, Mary Holland, 2006.
• Monarch Come Play with Me, Ba Rea, 2006
• ¡Monarca Ven! Juega Conmigo, by Ba Rea and translated into Spanish by Carol Cullar, 2011
Bas Relief, LLC continues to sell books related to the ecosystem of the Kenai Fjords in Alaska, which we often refer to as the Supper Sea, with two available titles:
• There Have Always Been Puffins, C. J. Rea and Ba Rea, 1997.
• A Whale’s Tale from the Supper Sea, C. J. Rea and Ba Rea, 1999.
The projects from Bas Relief, LLC rely heavily on scientists and other experts to edit books and check facts. Bas Relief, LLC books are intended to promote and support education, understanding and inquiry into the natural work.
I do not at this point use freelance artists, writers or editors.